Independent Careers Advice
At Hutton students have access to independent careers advice at various points during their time here. Our independent careers advisor is Mr Ficorilli and he will make appointments with students at key times such as when they are choosing their options in Year 9 or when they are making decisions about post-16 education in Year 11. Sixth Form students can also book appointments for advice about careers or university applications.
Year 11 - Careers Advice Booklet
Students in Year 11 have important decisions to make about their education post-16. The route and subjects that you choose at this point will influence the career paths open to you in future. The booklet below has been produced by Mrs Hughes to help you when you are making these decisions. All students in Year 11 will receive support with writing personal statements and college applications. There will also be mock interviews to help prepare you for what an interview process for a job or university place is like.
Information about apprenticeship opportunities will be published below. For more information or for help with an application, students can make an appointment to see Mr Ficorilli who is in school every other Friday. Appointments will take place in C53.
- BAE Systems Engineering & Business Management-www.baesystems.com/apprentices
- Mercedez-Benz - Parts Operations Apprenticeship-www.mercedez-benz.co.uk
- Doosnan Babcock - Engineering Construction & Project Control-www.networxrecruitment.com
- Fort Vale Ltd - Various Engineering apprenticeships and Business Administration-www.fortvale.com/apprenticeships
- Sellafield Ltd - Design Advanced Apprenticeship-www.sellafieldsite.co.uk/apprenticeships
Please access websites for online application process. Read the job descriptions carefully and check grades/subjects needed. Students can also apply on line for interest in apprenticeships-www.t2k.org.uk