Admissions & Year 7 Transition

Admissions & Year 7 Transition

In Year Admissions

It sometimes happens that a child needs to change school other than at the “normal” time; such admissions are known as non-routine admissions. In order to obtain a school place in mid year, it is necessary to fill in the Local Authority’s Common Application Form, stating three preferences.  The form must be returned to the Area Pupil Access Team and a copy sent to the school.  If you wish to apply to this school on the grounds of your faith commitment then it may be helpful to your application to complete our Supplementary Form and return it to the school. If you wish to visit the school before stating your preferences, please contact us.

We will liaise with parents, the child's current school and the Pupil Access Team to offer a place where possible and appropriate.  

Appeals for children moving into the area will not be considered until there is evidence of a permanent address, e.g. exchange of contracts or tenancy agreement with rent book.

Please note that you cannot re-apply for a place at a school within the same school year unless there has been relevant, significant and material change in the family circumstances.

A copy of the Local Authority guidance on non-routine admissions and the application form that should be completed can be dowloaded below.

In Year Application Form

In Year Admissions - Information for Parents

diocese ofsted preston tsa SIAMS