Attendance and Absence
Excellent attendance is crucial if students wish to be successful in their studies at Hutton Sixth Form.
Students should attend all sessions and lessons unless they are ill or taking part in approved activities. We will send text messages on a weekly basis to inform parents of any missed lessons.
Please could parents/carers inform the school in advance of expected absences. Absences will be authorised for the following reasons –
- Medical appointment
- Attendance at a funeral
- Driving test (theory and practical)– weekly driving lessons will not be authorised
- Visits to university Open days
- Pre-agreed work experience related activities
- Interviews for University, Apprenticeships and employment
- Sporting fixtures – either through school or personal
- Extra-curricular activities e.g. School trips or enrichment activities related to future aspirations
It is a student’s responsibility to catch up with missed work once they return to Sixth Form.
We strongly discourage booking holidays during term time, due to the fast pace of the A level curriculum. There is no guarantee your holiday request will be authorised, however please let us know of your intended travel dates. Individual requests will be looked into based on attendance and attitude to learning.